On International Day of Happiness, here are a few tips to help you enjoy the journey.
1. Accept yourself and be comfortable in your own skin. Your true beauty lies in your individuality.
2. You only have one body so take care of it. Practising self care and making sure to rest when you need it will help to give you strength when you need it.
3. Be mindful and show gratitude for the things you have. Look for the beauty in the world and the good in others, when you look chances are you will likely find it.
4. Find a way to be resilient and to bounce back when things get tough. Life’s a rollercoaster and has it’s ups and downs. Find someone who you can talk to and will help you when things gets tough.
5. Visualise a positive future and set achievable goals to work towards.
6. Stay curious and keep learning. Find something you are passionate and commit to practising it. This will help you with a sense of purpose and motivation.
7. Connect with other people who inspire you.
8. Be a part of something bigger and do something to help others. Helping others doesn’t just make the world better, studies show that the very act of giving back to the community boosts your happiness, health, and sense of well-being.
This International Day of Happiness, show a Little Sister mentee that she can overcome life’s challenges and live a happy fulfilling life. Find out how you can get involved here.