Nominate a Teenage Girl for the SISTER2sister Program
The SISTER2sister youth mentoring program is for teenage girls who have experienced trauma and abuse or come from particularly disadvantaged low socio-economic circumstances.
Please note that our SISTER2sister program is only currently operating in Greater Sydney, NSW. Intake occurs once a year in early February. Applications for Little Sister mentees for the 2019 Sydney SISTER2sister program are currently open and can be submitted at any time.
The nature of disadvantage and trauma faced by the teenage girls who SISTER2sister aims to support manifests in emotional and behavioural issues such as self-harm (including suicide attempts), depression, anxiety, substance abuse, employment apathy, truancy and social isolation.
Little Sister Criteria
Girls must be:
- Girls between the ages of 12 and 18 years old
- Enrolled at school at the time of nomination
- Nominated to the program
- Personally committed to making a difference to their lives
The teenage girls that will benefit most from the program are girls who:
- Are ready to ask for help and commit to the program for the next 8 months
- Are motivated to improve their lives but are struggling due to their circumstances
- Would jump at the chance to have regular contact with a Big Sister mentor to assist them to overcome their hurdles
- Would jump at the chance to participate in all outings even if they might need to travel
- Would jump at the chance to attend the four day Butterfly Bootcamp
- Want to be successful and try hard at school
- Want to lead a content and fulfilling life
- Are willing to work towards their goals with their Big Sister mentors
- Are ready for a life changing experience!
How do I nominate a teenage girl to participate in the SISTER2sister mentoring program?
Complete the below Little Sister nomination form
Please ask/assist your Nominee with completing the below application form
Please ask the Parent Guardian of the Nominee to complete the below consent form
We will contact you by phone or email to let you know if your nomination has been successful.